Coronavirus (Covid-19) Advice and Support

Oxfordshire must follow the national lockdown rules as they ease

Updated 16 August 2021


We’re now at stage 4 of the roadmap and all restrictions have legally lifted, so it’s time to start taking responsible steps back to normality. Some things that will protect us, including wearing face masks are still recommended though, even if they’re not now a legal requirement. 






What do the changes on 19 July mean in practice?

 Read the full guidelines on GOV.UK


COVID cases in Oxfordshire

You can find the latest information here.

What to do if you think you have COVID-19

  • Do NOT leave your home if you think you have coronavirus. 

    If you have coronavirus symptoms – a high temperature, new continuous cough or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - make sure you get tested and isolate for as long as is needed to help protect those you care for and others in your community.

  • You do not need to contact your GP if you think you have coronavirus: Call 119 to book a test. You can also use the online 111 coronavirus service to get advice and find out what to do. Only call 111 if you cannot get help online, or cannot handle your symptoms at home. This approach will free up help for those who most need it.

  • Babies and children: Call 111 for advice if you're worried about a baby or child. If they seem very unwell, are getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call 999. Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.

Other useful links

  Back to top

Seeing your GP

GP practices are continuing to protect patients, staff and the wider community via a telephone triage system for appointments. Patients are offered phone appointments, some video consultations and online consultations. However, your GP practice is also offering face-to-face appointments and will inform you of arrangements to make sure  you, and the clinician you are seeing, stay safe. For more information about speaking to your GP, click here. 

Getting help

We are trying to reduce the number of people sitting in crowded waiting rooms where infection could spread. If you need medical help or advice please contact NHS111 first, via phone or the NHS111 website. They will triage your case and direct you to the most appropriate service. This could include a a hospital Emergency Department  or a local Minor Injuries Unit. People with injuries who have not called in advance will be seen and treated as necessary.  However, if the condition or injury is not urgent, staff will ask patients attend the following day with an appointment.

Please also note that to comply with social distancing, people are asked to attend units on their own if possible, or with one other person only if they require help or support.

  Back to top

Useful websites

National Advice

Local Advice

COVID Vaccination Information - Imam Monawar Hussain, OUH Muslim Chaplain

 Translated Materials

  Back to top